Vapour Degreasing Solvent
For Precision Metal Cleaning
The EnSolv CC-A® formulation responds to the need for high performance vapour degreasing solvents for critical cleaning in general engineering, aerospace, medical optical and electrical industries.
EnSolv CC-A® removes cutting oils, lubricants, lapping compounds grinding pastes and water based cutting oils or fluids. This complex synergistic blend utilises environmentally compliant solvents combined with selected surfactants to remove oils and lubricants to the highest standards for critical cleaning applications and releases and suspends inorganic solids and soils such as fingerprints, polishing compounds and grinding paste from finely finished and highly polished surfaces such as stainless steel and plated parts, optical lenses and components for medical appliances.
EnSolv CC-A® contains a proprietary blend of inhibitors and stabilisers for the solvents to prevent water staining and corrosion of yellow metals such as copper, brass and bronze which can be a problem with some other solvents.
EnSolv CC-A® is non-flammable, stable and specifically formulated for use in any vapour degreasing equipment with the added advantage of lower solvent usage, greater stability and reduced costs. The formulation is compliant with all current environmental and user safety legislation.
IMPROVES PRODUCTIVITY AND OPERATING ENVIRONMENT
- Suitable for processing temperature sensitive components as well as the conventional engineering substrates. The very low surface tension cleans through holes on castings and penetrates between overlapping metal spot welds eliminating oil leaching in paint and powder coatings during oven curing.
- Easy handling – Cleaned components are dry and comfortable to handle immediately at the ideal temperature for painting or powder coating. No time lost waiting for parts to cool which allows immediate quality control testing or assembly of machined parts due to minimal dimensional changes.
- Cleaning cycles reduced, productivity improved with output doubled compared to conventional solvents.
- Minimises flash rusting on mild steel cleaned components due to the advanced stabiliser/inhibitor package compared to alternative formulations.
- Compatible with mixed metal components. No staining of yellow metals, bronze, copper, aluminium.
- Reduced maintenance unique additive suspends contaminants in boiling solvent sump preventing tar formation and continuously cleans heating surfaces. Longer periods between cleanouts reduces labour costs and solvent losses.
COSTS AND QUALITY
- Reduced heating costs compared to conventional solvents.
- Reduced solvent losses by at least 30% due to less turbulence at the air/solvent interface.
- Reduced drag-out losses on components due to lower specific gravity and low surface tension of EnSolv CC-A.
- Reduced cleaning cycle time gives double the production through some vapour degreasing machines. Reduced machine downtime and reduced labour costs by extending cleanout periods.
EnSolv CC-A Benefits
EFFICIENT AND ECONOMICAL
- Designed for vapour degreasing
- Removes oil, grease and soils fast
- Simple drop in replacement for N Propyl Bromide and Trichloroethylene
- Low surface tension
- Reduced costs
- Compatible with all metals
- User friendly
- Increased production
- Faster cleaning cycles
- Components easily handled after cleaning
- Safe for the environment
- Excellent customer service, technical support and training from qualified distributors throughout Europe
SAFE FOR USERS AND THE ENVIRONMENT
- Environmentally friendly cleaning all the constituents of EnSolv CC-A® are environment friendly and compliant with REACH. This proprietary blend has no global warming potential (GWP) no ozone depletion potential (ODP) does not produce ozone at ground level and is bio-degradable. EnSolv CC-A® addresses many of the problems faced by the engineering industries in meeting environmental legislation.
- Easily biodegradable all the components of the EnSolv CC-A® formulation are widely used in industry but only trace elements have been detected in atmosphere and they are not detectable in rivers, oceans or ground water. This is attributed to its high volatility and bio-degradability by naturally occurring organisms. Released into the atmosphere it is photochemically degraded reacting with naturally occurring hydroxyl radicals producing only carbon dioxide and hydrogen chloride simple chemicals already present in the environment.
- No depletion of the ozone layer. EnSolv CC-A® has an atmospheric lifetime of only 6 months and does not accumulate in the atmosphere so is not transported into the ozone layer.
- No global warming the most urgent challenge for the future is reduction of gases which produce global warming. The solvents and any breakdown products of this formulation do not produce greenhouse gases and the reduced energy needs of vapour degreasing with EnSolv CC-A® lower the power station production of CO2 for equivalent work throughput.
- No ground level Ozone production authorities are becoming increasingly concerned at ground level pollution causing increased asthma and bronchial diseases much of it due to photochemical production of Ozone affecting children and adults. EnSolv CC-A® has a minimal impact on ozone formation with an extremely low photochemical ozone creation potential (POCP).
- Reduced solvent emissions (VOCs). Improving air quality is a high priority for the European Union and governments worldwide with the elimination of VOCs as a high priority. The use of EnSolv CC-A® with its excellent environmental profile assists the engineering industry to meet increasingly severe environmental legislation on solvent emissions allowing continued use of vapour degreasing with all the production benefits it offers.
We can provide you with a Material Safety Data Sheet, independent laboratory reports, product samples or technical assistance. For more information or advice please contact us by telephone on +44 (0) 20 8281 6370 or use our contact form.
Vapour degreasing solvents are supplied and supported by EnviroTech Europe Ltd. Manufactured in the United Kingdom and available on short delivery times through our dedicated team of distributors in Europe and the Middle East.
Share this page: